It's time to dive into the world of digital creation and learn how to bring your Maker ideas to life. All you need is your library card to unlock access to Udemy, our free online learning platform. We scoured Udemy to find the best and most relevant tutorials for design and digital fabrication.
Get started by logging into the Udemy website
- Sign in with your Library card number.
This service is not available for eCards at this time.
- Sign in with a Google or Microsoft supported account to create your personal Udemy account. Learn more »
- Start learning!
Mobile app (optional)
- Follow the steps above to create your Udemy account, then:
- Install the Udemy Business app from your app store.
- Enter Gale as the name of your organization's account, then select Next.
- Select Public Library, then search for and select Johnson County Library (Kansas).
- If prompted, enter your Library card number.
- Sign in with the email address used for your personal Udemy account.
⚠️After logging in, check out some of these Maker staff recommendations:
Wondering how you can draw technical or mechanical parts for 3D printing or how to design your next invention? Check out this course on Fusion 360 for 3D printing.
Interest in creating funky organic shapes or creating a character for a game or animation? Take a look at this course on 3D modeling for beginners utilizing a free software called Blender.
Wanting to put your logo on wood, create stickers, or make your own graphic t-shirts? Try a class on the essentials of Adobe Photoshop or a beginner Adobe Illustrator course. You can also learn how to use a free design software with this beginner's class on Inkscape to continue your creative journey at home!
This is just a small sample of what's available on Udemy with your library card, and a few examples of what you can do with those software skills in the MakerSpace. Combining your new skills from Udemy with the equipment and assistance from our staff, the creative possibilities become almost unlimited!
Remember your MakerSpace Facilitators are always available for questions. Reach out anytime via our contact us form!