About the equipment
Come work on your electronics projects! From repairs and wiring, prototyping and building, to coding your Arduino or Raspberry Pi, we have the tools you need to get started.
What we have
- Hakko digital soldering system
- Tool kit for small/precision repair
- Lighted magnifying lamp
- Aoyue 852A++ Digital SMD Hot Air Rework Station
- Adjustable circuit board holder
- Solder smoke absorber
- Solder, wire, shrink wire tubing
- Arduino UNO
- Raspberry Pi
- USB hub, monitor, keyboard
- Breadboard, jumper wires, cords, USB connectors
- Collection of LEDs, electronic bits, spare parts, etc.
- Wire cutters, pliers, miscellaneous tools
- Carvey desktop CNC machine (for making printed circuit boards)
What’s a Raspberry Pi?
A Raspberry Pi is a small computer based on the Linux operating system that runs from an SD card. It is usually used for prototyping and small projects, but it can be used as a regular computer. It can be programmed using Python, which is a coding language.
What’s an Arduino?
An Arduino is a microprocessor, meaning it accepts an input and then produces an output. It’s like a mini-computer. It just can’t handle large scale processing like a Raspberry Pi. It comes in many formats and sizes, and other companies make microprocessors based on Arduino. All of them can be programmed using the Arduino programming environment with the same language. Arduino makes it easy to code and program because there are many ‘pre-made’ programs you can just tweak.
Can I make my own printed circuit boards?
Sometime in the near future, we will be getting a Carvey desktop CNC. You’ll be able to make your own PCBs based on your own designs. You will need to bring the board materials and your circuit board plan file with you. We provide the bits.