Using the Computers & Software
- Reserve up to four hours per week.
- Reserving more than one piece of equipment is not permitted.
- If the machine is not reserved it is available for walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis!
About the equipment
We have Macs and PCs loaded with all the software you need to design in 2d, 3d, video and audio editing, and graphic design. We have high quality headphones available upon request.
- 2 x iMac - 27", 4.2 GHz i7, 40GB Memory
- 2 x Dell PC 27", Intel Xeon 3.6 Ghz, 40GB Memory
- Adobe Creative Cloud, CorelDraw, Fusion360, Rhino, Blender and more!
Audio & Video
- Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, and GarageBand.
- 2D - Epson Expression 12000XL Scanner with transparency option for negative scanning
- 3D - Structure Sensor is great for organic objects like a small sculpture or human bust, unfortunately is not suitable for small detailed objects or mechanical parts.
Adobe Creative Suite 2021
- After Effects
- Character Animator
- Lightroom Classic
- Media Encoder
- Premiere Pro
- AutoDesk Fusion360
- Blender 3.1
- Rhino 7
- CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2021
- Inkscape 1.1
- Ultimaker Cura 4.13
- Formlabs PreForm 3.22
- VinylMaster Cut 4.3
- Notepad++ 8.3
We have Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Inkscape.
We have a variety of different types of 3d modeling software including Fusion360, Rhino, and Blender.
Yes! We have professional level Adobe programs like Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition. We also programs that are geared toward beginners like GarageBand and iMovie.
You can also check out our Sound Production circulating kit that includes a high quality microphone.
Yes, we have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC loaded on our PCs and Macs in the MakerSpace.
Our MakerSpace facilitators will help identify what software is best for you based on your project and experience. We will get you started with tutorials to learn the fundamentals of the software, and we can help troubleshoot along the way.
Bring a flash drive or an external hard drive to save your project files.
Although we no longer have a sound booth in the MakerSpace, we do have the following audio/visual production and editing capabilities at the Central Resource branch:
- A sound production kit for recording audio can be checked out for use at Central Resource library and can be taken home
- Study room #3 and Conference Room #12 at the Central Resource branch have acoustical treatment that is suitable for recording audio
- Patrons can utilize a laptop via the laptop lending kiosk in conjunction with the sound production kit to record.
- Patrons would need to save individual tracks through Microsoft Recorder and assemble the final project later or use a web-based recording/mixing software.
- Bring headphones
- Bring USB to save work or upload to cloud storage
- Patrons can edit audio/video on our PCs and Macs in the MakerSpace utilizing Adobe Audition or Premiere Pro as well as iMovie and GarageBand