Monticello Library Animated Flythrough
Come fly with us! The long-awaited Monticello Library, to be located in Western Shawnee, is at last underway. Have a look at what the Monticello Library will look like inside and out! Your tour is narrated by none other than County Librarian Sean Casserly. Like what you see? Share with other future Monticello patrons!
In this wonderful animated flythrough, you'll see all kinds of new features!
- Large and lively Kids area
- Variety of sizes and types of public meeting rooms for community use
- Up-to-date technology allowing students to learn and adults to thrive
- A sculpture to greet you
- A sculpture by Beth Nybeck can be enjoyed from many angles
- A Storywalk path helps little kids learn about letters and sounds with their families
- Drop off at the curb
- About 100 parking places
- Handicap parking as close to the door as possible!
- Pick up your holds and self-check right inside the door
- Kids activity room hosts storytimes and our successful 6 by 6 early literacy programs
- Plenty of seating
- Charging counter and excellent wi-fi for your devices
- Easy to use AV equipment in our meeting spaces
- An elevator, and the bright, clean rest rooms
- A drive-up service window!
- Collaborative tech spaces
- Reconfigurable spaces to meet changing community needs
- Large study rooms
- An environmentally-conscious green roof
Visit us at the New Monticello Library – opening in 2018.
Library Services Until the New Building is Completed