Getting Started with Homeschooling
Are you new to homeschooling, or new to homeschooling in the Johnson County, KS area? In this list, you’ll find links about how to homeschool in Kansas and Missouri.
Homeschool educators in Johnson County can get an Educator Card for checking out materials for homeschooling.
- Educator accounts allow a 5 week check out of materials for use in a classroom or childcare setting.
- Materials are renewable up to 5 times excluding items that have hold requests.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged items are charged.
- Accounts expire 1 year after registration and must be renewed.
- Please contact any library to update information and/or renew your account.
Library Resources for Homeschoolers
Did you know Johnson County Library has eLearning resources, databases, and programming for all ages that can help support your homeschool? This list will point you to online tutoring, language learning, and more that you can access for free with your library card.
Here are a few highlights:
Reading List: All About Homeschooling
Whether you're just thinking about homeschooling, jumping in for the first time, or a veteran in need of rejuvenation, check out these books for helpful tips and inspiration.
Books, Movies & TV with Homeschooled Characters
Looking for books and movies about homeschoolers? This list is for you!
Local Homeschool Support Groups
Homeschool support groups are a great source of information, and a great way to connect with other homeschooling families. There are a variety of groups in Johnson County and the surrounding metro area to fit different homeschool needs.
Area Homeschool Activities
The Johnson County, KS area has many organizations that provide homeschool specific classes, activities, and field trips. In this list, you'll find links for everything from music to martial arts. If you venture further out in the greater KC Area, this list will point you to even more events and experiences for homeschoolers.