Getting Started with Homeschooling
Are you new to homeschooling, or new to homeschooling in the Johnson County, KS area? In this list, you’ll find links about how to homeschool in Kansas and Missouri.
Julie Bogart Resources
- Brave Learner (book)
- Brave Learner Companion Guide (PDF)
- Brave Learner Book Chat (@jocolibrary Facebook Group)
- Meet the Author: Julie Bogart - Brave Learner session with Johnson County Library (video)
- Growing Wise Kids in the Digital Age (video with Julie Bogart)
Homeschool educators in Johnson County can get an Educator Card for checking out materials for homeschooling.
- Educator accounts allow a 5 week check out of materials for use in a classroom or childcare setting.
- Materials are renewable up to 5 times excluding items that have hold requests.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged items are charged.
- Accounts expire 1 year after registration and must be renewed.
- Please contact any library to update information and/or renew your account.
Library Resources for Homeschoolers
Did you know Johnson County Library has eLearning resources, databases, and programming for homeschoolers? Here are a few highlights:
Reading List: All About Homeschooling
Whether you're just thinking about homeschooling, jumping in for the first time, or a veteran in need of rejuvenation, check out these books for helpful tips and inspiration.
Books, Movies & TV with Homeschooled Characters
Looking for books and movies about homeschoolers? This list is for you!
Local Homeschool Support Groups
Homeschool support groups are a great source of information, and a great way to connect with other homeschooling families. There are a variety of groups in Johnson County and the surrounding metro area to fit different homeschool needs.
Area Homeschool Activities
The Johnson County, KS area has many organizations that provide homeschool specific classes, activities, and field trips. In this list, you'll find links for everything from music to martial arts. If you venture further out in the greater KC Area, this list will point you to even more events and experiences for homeschoolers.
Online Educational Resources including:
- Digital Texts
- Digital Study Aids
- Research Resources
eResources for Students including:
- eResources for students of all ages
- Just for elementary school students
- Just for Middle and High School Students