Founded in 2010, Shawnee Mission Post covers local news inside the I-435 loop in Johnson County, Kansas including:
- City government in Overland Park, Shawnee, Lenexa, Leawood, Prairie Village, Merriam, Mission, Roeland Park, Fairway, Mission Hills, Westwood, Lake Quivira, Westwood Hills and Mission Woods.
- Boards of education for the Shawnee Mission School District and USD 232, as well as news out of individual schools.
- Johnson County Government including the board of county commissioners, the water district, the community college and the library system.
- State legislature for the area's delegation.
- Local business openings and closings, development projects, and issues that impact the local economy.
The companion Blue Valley Post launched in 2021 for expanded coverage of the area.