Summer Reading Virtual Launch
Join us Monday, June 1 - Friday, June 5
- 10 am Storytimes Monday-Friday: Looking for some great Summer Reading titles? Join us each day at our 10 am Storytimes on Facebook Live where our Librarians will share and read titles to get us all pumped up for Summer Reading!
- Monday: Head over to the Johnson County Library Facebook page for a special feature video from your branch Librarians! We have missed you and can’t wait to start Summer Reading with you!
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Join our virtual programs this Wednesday and Friday to learn more about upcoming presenters and Summer programs! We have so much in store and can’t wait to see you there. Can’t make the program times? No problem. You can always find information about Summer Reading right here.
- Tuesday/Thursday: Are you missing the in-branch experience and connecting with your fellow patrons? Us too! So, we’ve gotten creative. This summer you’ll have the opportunity to share what Summer Reading looks like in your home or community. Join our programs on Tuesday and Thursday to learn more.
- Friday: Guess what? It’s not just your Johnson County Librarians that have missed you! Your school teachers and Librarians have as well! Head over to the Johnson County Library Facebook page for a special feature video they have put together for you, too.
Summer Programs and Presenters
Dragons: Return of the Ice Sorceress is here! This video will be available to you for unlimited, on-demand viewing from now through Monday, August 31.
We have suspended the Summer Reading Book Giveaway that is traditionally distributed at our branches due to the current pandemic. The Library is adapting to these extraordinary circumstances by providing access to e-books, hosting reading and learning-focused online programming to reach as many children in Johnson County as we can.
Summer Reading Log
Have fun reading or listening to the books of your choice this summer. The total amount is up to you! Keep track with this Summer Reading Log! (PDF) write down titles, or color in a star for each book you read, or log minutes spent
reading, etc. How you use it is up to you!
Summer Reading Journal
It's a fun online journal. It's JoCoKidsWrite! Add your thoughts today!
Summer Reading eBooks
Imagine your story with these great suggestions!
ebooks for Preschool
ebooks for Kindergarten
ebooks for 1st Grade
ebooks for 2nd Grade
ebooks for 3rd Grade
ebooks for 4th Grade
ebooks for 5th Grade
ebooks for 6th Grade
ebooks for 7th
ebooks for 8th
ebooks for 9th
ebooks for 10th - 12th
End of Summer Celebration
Join us Saturday, August 8 online for a virtual event celebrating all your Summer Reading success! More information to come!!!