We have collected information about careers and finance during the global pandemic.
Need help with your resume, interview skills, or personal finances? See our upcoming virtual Career and Finance programs »
- JCL Food Pantry FAQ - A Library-provided list of area food pantries; this list is updated often in order to reflect changes in service related to COVID-19.
Answers to Financial Questions
- FTC Financial Recovery Overview - Here, the FTC provides an expansive list of information on hardship topics such as recovering from job loss, mortgage relief, vehicle loan repayments, debt management, small business assistance, & scam avoidance.
Local Hiring & Unemployment Resources
- KANSASWORKS VIRTUAL Statewide Job Fair (pre-register here) - July 28 from 8 am to July 30 at 5 pm. Employers from across the state will be hiring. Job seekers will have the opportunity to live chat with employers as the employers schedule allows. Job seekers can join via computer or cell phone. Virtual Statewide Job Fairs will be held on a monthly basis,
- WEN Signature Program - Women's Employment Network is continuing to provide financial coaching, mock job interviews, & resume review online & via phone.
- Kansas Unemployment - The online source for securing unemployment benefits in the state of Kansas. The online source for securing unemployment benefits in the state of Kansas. If you have questions about duplicate payments, call 785-580-2602 or e-mail KDOL.DuplicateConcerns@ks.gov.
- FTC Unemployment Tips - A thorough article covering scam avoidance, links to job search resources, & tools for working through your finances.
- Workforce Partnership Job Listings - Workforce Partnership routinely posts local job postings & hiring events via their Hot Jobs list (red text, towards top of the page). This & other employment assistance are available via their site.
- Kansas Works - Facilitates online applications for job openings all across the state.
- Amazon Local Hiring - Current Amazon postings in the KC metro.
- United Stated Department of Labor - Federal resource containing links to benefit eligibility, job search engines, job skill improvement tools, & more!
- JCL Job/Career Assistance FAQ - A Library-provided list of resources related to job searching & learning new skills.
- LinkedIn Learning free job search courses – A learning path of 11 courses to navigate finding a job during challenging economic times, accessible with a free personal LinkedIn account.
Online Career Programs
- FTC Mortgage Relief - More details on mortgage relief, including links to search federal lenders to look up your mortgage information.
- HCCI Landlord & Tenant Info - Offers counseling for landlords and tenants regarding their rental rights & responsibilities, as well as phone-based consultations for budgeting, eviction concerns, & avoiding predatory lending practices.
- HCCI Landlord & Tenant Counseling and Education - Offers free phone counseling for households and small business owners regarding budgeting, prioritizing and managing money, debt payment, credit scores and credit building, student loan debt repayment options, medical debt, mortgage delinquency and default. HCCI has five HUD Exam-Certified Counselors. All counseling is free. 800-383-0217.
- SBA Relief - Federal overview of the small business assistance plan; also contains links to apply for SBA jobs & other helpful info.
- KC SourceLink Small Business Relief - An informative, one-stop shop for small business owners on both sides of the state line.
- CFPB Info Page - A thorough collection of resources covering a variety of facets regarding financial topics in extreme situations for individuals, families, & financial caregivers.
- CFPB Interactive Spending Tracker Tool - An easy-to-use electronic worksheet to track & manage your finances.
- MO SBDC Tips for SB Owners - Tips for managing your small business' finances.
- FDIC Info Page - Guidance from the FDIC on how to manage your finances remotely.
- FDIC MoneySmart - Resources for learning (or teaching!) money management strategies.