Johnson County Library couldn’t run without the help of volunteers like you! Teen volunteers help with everything from writing reviews for our website, to events and book sales. You can volunteer for a day, or year-round. If you are looking for something fulfilling to do over summer, be sure to check out our Summer Teen Volunteer opportunities for special opportunities in June and July. And if you like planning events and games, please join one of our Young Adult Literary Councils!
Check out our volunteer portal to see our open volunteer opportunities, locations, job descriptions and minimum age requirements.
What teen volunteers have to say:
- ”I enjoyed the opportunity to interact with many kids and children. It was fun to be able to help them find a book and talk with them!”
- “I loved shelving books, the organization, and being a great help to the staff.”
- “It was really fun having some time to myself to work on a specific project, and to know that I was helping make crafts for kids to have tons of fun with!”
- “I got to learn more about the library and how it worked. It was enjoyable and I felt helpful but never got stressed out. Everyone was super nice which made it a lot easier too.”
- “I enjoyed the friendly staff and lists of tasks. I always knew what to expect coming in for my shift.“
- “I enjoyed getting to know the people at the library better and learning more about what goes on behind the scenes at the library.”