Johnson County Library volunteers annually give 48,500 hours to support Library activities and programs. They work in the Library, behind the scenes in offices and at special events. What can you do? HELP YOUR LIBRARY! We need volunteers like you!
We’re especially looking for:
• Folks who like the fun social contact of working in our bookstores
• Volunteers eager to work in our newest Library, Monticello, in western Shawnee (opening later in 2018)
As a Library Volunteer you can:
• Shelve books or work in offices
• Process book donations
• Support author events and programs
• Staff bookstores and book sales
• Research genealogy . . . and more!
Our Volunteers are:
• Individuals | Corporations
• Teens/Academic Service Credit
• Retired Professionals | Affinity Groups
• Service Clubs | Worship Communities
Easy Steps to Library Volunteering:
1. Find your Library role.
2. Complete an application online at jocolibrary.org/volunteer.
3. Meet our Volunteer Coordinator
4. Schedule a shift at your Library.
6. Repeat as necessary