Give your support by getting involved with The Johnson County Library Foundation.
The Johnson County Library Foundation’s purpose is to build an endowment fund for the Library’s collection and to secure financial support for life-long learning programs offered at Johnson County Library. Those programs include:
- 6 by 6 Ready to Read early literacy in English and en Español
- Incarcerated Services for Teens
- Homework Help after-school program
- MakerSpace - S.T.E.A.M. activities
- Civic Engagement for issues in the community
- Summer Reading programs for all ages
- elementia – teen literary program
- Writers Programs for local writers
Give Your Library materials for our book sales and bookstores.
NOTE: We do not currently accept book donations at the branches. If you have donations, contact the Friends Operations Manager, Shanta Dickerson, to arrange drop off at our headquarters.
From their bustling headquarters at Pine Ridge Business Park – seen above - the Friends of Johnson County Library plan and carry out a variety of yearly activities. Three full-time staff and a corps of volunteers manage book donations, fulfill membership renewals, oversee Internet sales and schedule operations of three Library-based bookstores. In a given year, the Friends physically handle more than 483,900 pounds of gently worn books and AV items.
Call and we'll talk you through it
Friends Donation Sorting Center, (913) 492-4791