Most of our Libraries can accept small donations - about the amount that would fit in a grocery bag. Please don't deliver donations to DeSoto, Edgerton or Spring Hill.
Generously large donations - more than a bag - are best delivered by appointment to the Friends Donation Sorting Center in Overland Park. You can reach us at (913) 492-4791. Sorry - at this time, we simply cannot pick up donations.
From their bustling headquarters at Pine Ridge Business Park – seen above - the Friends of Johnson County Library plan and carry out a variety of yearly activities. Three full-time staff and a corps of volunteers manage book donations, fulfill membership renewals, oversee Internet sales and schedule operations of three Library-based bookstores. In a given year, the Friends physically handle more than 483,900 pounds of gently worn books and AV items.
- Hardback and paperback books for any age
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- "Coffee table" picture books on any subject
- DVD movies and instructional videos
- Music and books on CD
- Cookbooks, craft books
- Auto repair manuals
- Instruction books
- Religious books of all kinds
- Blank journals
- LP albums (accepted only at sorting center)
- Jigsaw puzzles
No, thank you
- VHS tapes
- No appliances
- Home-recorded audiovisual items
- Encyclopedias more than 10 years old
- Items that are defaced, damaged, deteriorating or have missing pages.
Call and we'll talk you through it
Friends Donation Sorting Center, (913) 492-4791