Guide from our Librarians: Tax Help and Forms
AARP Tax-Aide: Free tax assistance and preparation for low- and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those age 60 and older. You do not need to be a member of AARP or a retiree to use this service.
See all Kansas AARP Tax-Aide locations.
Next Step KC: IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) offering free tax help to taxpayers with incomes of $54,000 and below who cannot prepare their own tax returns.
See the list of 2017 Next Step KC tax locations in the Kansas City area.
Commonly Used Federal Tax Forms
It's super easy to find and print federal forms and publications from the IRS website. No printer at home? Come in to your nearest library location and we will be glad to assist you with printing (15 cents per page).
Printable popular forms:
- Form 1040EZ and Instructions
- Form 1040 and Instructions
Schedule A and Instructions
Schedule C and Instructions
Schedule D and Instructions
Schedule E and Instructions
Schedule H and Instructions
Schedule R and Instructions
- Form 1040A and Instructions
- Form 1040-ES
- Form 1040NR and Instructions
- Form 1040NR-EZ and Instructions
- Form 1040-V
- Form 1040X and Instructions
- Form 2106 and Instructions
- Form 2441 and Instructions
- Form 3903
- Form 4562 and Instructions
- Form 4868
- Form 5695 and Instructions
- Form 6251 and Instructions
- Form 8283 and Instructions
- Form 8606 and Instructions
- Form 8812 and Instructions
- Form 8822
- Form 8829 and Instructions
- Form 8863 and Instructions
- Form 8949 and Instructions
- Pub 1 Your Rights as a Taxpayer
- Pub 17 Tax Guide 2015 for Individuals
- Pub 225 Farmer’s Tax Guide
- Pub 334 Tax Guide for Small Business
- Pub 501 Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information
- Pub 505 Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax
- Pub 523 Selling Your Home
- Pub 529 Miscellaneous Deductions
- Pub 535 Business Expenses
- Pub 550 Investment Income and Expenses
- Pub 590-A Contributions to Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Pub 590-B Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Pub 596 Earned Income Credit (EIC)
- Pub 596 (SP) Crédito por Ingreso del Trabajo
- Pub 936 Home Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Pub 970 Tax Benefits for Education
Other sources of federal tax forms:
State of Kansas Forms
Please be aware that libraries do not carry paper copies of state forms for pickup.
Instead, you may print forms using the links below. No printer at home? Come in to your nearest library location and staff will be glad to assist you with printing (15 cents per page).
- Print personal tax forms and publications
- File online through Kansas WebFile
- Request that a paper form be mailed to you by calling the Department of Revenue at (785) 296-4937
Check your Kansas Refund Status Online »
For more information about Kansas taxes, check the Kansas Department of Revenue Frequently Asked Questions or call the Kansas Taxline at (785) 368-8222.
State of Missouri Forms
- Find and print the appropriate form
- File online
- Request a paper form from the Missouri Department of Revenue at (800) 877-6881.
For more information, about Missouri taxes, check the Missouri Department of Revenue Frequently Asked Questions or see help for Nonresidents.
Tax Forms and Help in Spanish/Formularios de impuestos (taxes) y ayuda en español
Ayuda con los impuestos del estado
Llame al Kansas Department of Revenue (785) 368-8222 opción 6
Ayuda con los impuestos federales
Llame al teléfono de asistencia del IRS: (800) 829-1040, opción 2 o visite las oficinas del IRS en en
6717 Shawnee Mission Pkwy.
Overland Park, KS 66202
Local Post Office Locations
In a rush to send out your taxes? Find all local post office locations and hours.
Tax preparation assistance at Library locations and links to federal, state and city forms.