Unlocking the Mind
Libraries offer spaces, experiences and services that allow our minds to unlock, recharge, expand and engage. Certainly books can help us trace pathways to our larger selves. We can also be motivated by the connections we make, the art we see, the speakers we listen to and by taking time for ourselves in the seat by the window to let our minds wander. When we respond to the pressures of our lives with openness, we invite creative solutions to guide us. This season, explore with us the mysterious ways the human mind can work.
- Live Your Healthiest Life series with Johnson County Department of Health and Environment
- The Game of Go, Table Top Games, and Trivia Night
- Asylum Series with Menninger Clinic and Glore Psychiatric Museum
- Science Cafe: Early Alzheimer’s Detection
- Inner Reformation: On How Art Can Impact the Artist
- All These Flowers screenings and Meet the Filmmaker events
- Fruit Flies and Brain Disease with Mount Holyoke. This session presents current research about “Neuronal-Glial Interactions in a Drosophila Model of Tauopathy.” Yes, it’s as cool as it sounds.
Explore Brainfuse online to ignite your mind with live homework help, practice tests, Spanish language learning and online quizzes and games.