Sean's Top Five for Fall
Our County Librarian Sean Casserley says:
As the weather gets cooler, it’s a great time to get to the Library and learn something new! This fall, we’re “unlocking the mind” with programs, resources and reads that open up new possibilities.
Here are some of my favorites this season:
- Online Language Learning ¿Hablas español? Sprechen sie Deutsch? With your eLibrary Card, you can! I’ve been exploring Mango Languages and Rosetta Stone for more than 70 different languages ranging from Arabic to Yiddish!
- Mind Full or Mindful I’ve been dabbling in meditation, and this program is a great introduction for anyone interested in mindfulness.
- Creative Quest by Questlove Questlove’s curiosity is as well-known as his music, and this book brings together some of his stories and lessons on creativity.
- Unlock Your Creativity with Improv Improv is not just for comedians! We’ve used improv techniques in the workplace to deepen our listening skills, build trust and expand creativity. Kids can get a taste in this interactive workshop for grades K-5.
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of writing, Lamott’s book is a welcome guide.