If you've got library cards with multiple libraries, your life just got easier! Johnson County Library, Olathe Public Library, Kansas City Public Library and Mid-Continent Public Library are joining forces! Now patrons can use a single catalog username to manage their cards from each of these libraries. This means you can create shelves, lists and comments from a single username while easily managing borrowing at multiple libraries.
Which situation applies to you?
I have a Johnson County Library/Olathe Public Library card and...
1) ... have registered a username in the catalog. I also have a Kansas City Public Library card and/or a Mid-Continent Public Library card.. Now I want to link my other card(s) to my Johnson County Library Web Catalog username!
- Visit your Library Cards page and click the Link a Library card button.
- Enter your KCPL and/or MCPL card number and PIN to link the cards.
2) ... have registered a username in the catalog. I don't have a Kansas City Public Library card or a Mid-Continent Library card, but want to get one so I can link it to my catalog username and use all of their services as well.
- Visit your Library Cards page and click the Link a Library card button. Enter your KCPL or MCPL card number and PIN to link the cards
- Register your new KCPL and MCPL card in the Johnson County Library and enter the same email address you use for your Johnson County Library account after logging in. The catalog will walk you through the steps to link your Library cards to one username.
3) ... have registered a username in more than one catalog, but now I'd like to use a single username to manage multiple cards.
While you can link multiple library cards to a single catalog username, you can't link multiple catalog usernames together. One of those usernames will need to be unregistered so that library cards can be linked to the remaining catalog username.
- Contact us to let us know which account you want to unregister, or if you prefer you can contact Kansas City Public Library or Mid-Continent Public Library directly to unregister the other username associated with that library card number.
- Log into the Web Catalog with your remaining username.
- Visit your "My Settings" page and click manage cards.
- Enter your other card number(s) and PIN(s) to link the cards.
Heads up! All content you've created (Shelves, Lists, etc.) will be deleted when that username is unregistered. You may want to replicate those things in the other catalog before they are deleted.
4) ... have never registered in the catalog.
Simply register your username here, then follow the steps above for linking a KCPL card or a MCPL card.
Questions? Get in touch and let us help you »