National Genealogy Day Resource Fair
Register online or call 913-826-4600. No membership needed or cost to attend.
Attend Presentations and Workshops - Carmack Room
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Let’s Start at the Beginning, Char Mitts
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - Getting the Most from Find a Grave, Deborah Heffley
- 1:00 to 2 p.m. – Ancestry.com DNA Explained, Angela Fields
- 2:00 to 3 p.m. – What is WikiTree? And Why You Should Care, Julie Miguel
Visit Exhibits and Displays – Main Aisle and Gallery
- Midwest Genealogy Center
- Photo scanning with Olathe Public Library
- Sons of the American Revolution
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
- Sons of Confederate Veterans of the Civil War
- Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Kansas
- Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Kansas City
- Hispanic and Military Research
- America Historical Society of Germans from Russia
Talk with Members of Special Interest Groups
- Family Tree Maker – Pickard Room
- Roots Magic – Conference Room 2
- Legacy and Family Search – Conference Room 1
- DNA -- Gallery
- Writers’ Group -- Gallery
Tour the Genealogy Area and Pick Up a Starter Kit
- 30-minute guided tours start at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 1:30 p.m.
- Learn about resources and print publications
- Get forms and handouts to begin your family genealogy projects
- See completed family history projects
- Meet the genealogy volunteers
Record your oral history in the MakerSpace – front of library
Get one-on-one research assistance on computers in the Learning Lab - hands-on experience with databases such as Ancestry, Heritage Quest, etc.
Learn About JoCoHistory – Gallery
Check out books on genealogy topics Library books about genealogy displayed in the center aisle may be checked out
Enter drawing and join the Johnson County Genealogical Society. Learn about the society, monthly programs and learning opportunities and win prizes
Got Questions? Ask the volunteers wearing the Got Relatives? yellow badges.
Presented with the Johnson County Genealogical Society.
Check out all of the upcoming Genealogy events.