Axis 360 eBooks for Windows computers – Step by Step Guide
Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
Open Adobe Digital Editions. From the Help menu, select Authorize Computer. Sign in with your Adobe ID (email address and password). Don't have one yet? Get an Adobe ID for free.
Go to our Axis 360 website, then Login with your Library card number and PIN/password.
There are lots of ways to find something to read.
- Search by keyword, title, author or ISBN.
- Browse categories for quick suggestions.
- Refine your results by availability and format.
- Go to the menu to see your checkouts, holds and more.
Make sure the book you select has the book icon, meaning it’s an eBook. (eAudiobooks have the headphones icon.) You can also Refine your search results so you only see eBooks or books Available Now for check out.
Once you've found your book, select Checkout.
You can also:
- Place hold to get in line for a title that is not currently available.
- Add to wishlist to save a title to read later.
From My Library, find your book and from the drop-down option select Download.
Open the file, which should automatically launch in Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
Your eBook will automatically open to begin reading!
When you go back to the Library view or close the program, it will remember where you stopped reading. Just open Adobe Digital Editions to pick up where you left off.
There are two easy options for checking out your next eBook:
- Axis 360 website: Visit the Axis 360 website to search or browse eBooks, just as you did before.
- Catalog: Already familiar with our web catalog? It's easy to search for eBooks there, too, especially if you filter your results for the eBook format. Choose a title and select Request this Download to check out or hold eBooks.
After you check out an eBook, repeat steps 4 and 5 to download and begin reading. Enjoy!