Axis 360 eBooks for eInk Devices – via Sideloading – Step by Step Guide
Download and install Adobe Digital Editions (for Windows PC or Mac computers) via the eLibrary.
Open Adobe Digital Editions. From the Help menu, select Authorize Computer. Sign in with your Adobe ID (email address and password). Don't have one yet? Get an Adobe ID for free.
Go to the Axis 360 website, then Login with your Library card number and PIN/password.
There are lots of ways to find something to read.
- Search by keyword, title, author or ISBN.
- Browse categories for quick suggestions.
- Refine your results by availability and format.
- Go to the menu to see your checkouts, holds and more.
Make sure the book you select has the book icon, meaning it’s an eBook. (eAudiobooks have the headphones icon.) You can also Refine your search results so you only see eBooks or books Available Now for check out.
Once you've found your book, select Checkout.
You can also:
- Place hold to get in line for a title that is not currently available.
- Add to wishlist to save a title to read later.
From My Library, find your book and from the drop-down option select Download.
Open the file, which should automatically launch in Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
Connect your device to your computer using its cable. In Adobe Digital Editions, make sure the book cover is highlighted and drag it to your device. Then safely disconnect your Nook.
Now you can open the eBook on your device! Usually it will appear in your files. For example, on a Nook you can go to Library, then My Stuff, then My Files. The eBook titles are often stored in a Digital Editions folder.
Open, read, enjoy!
There are two easy options for checking out your next eBook:
- Axis 360 website: Visit the Axis 360 website to search or browse eBooks, just as you did before.
- Catalog: Already familiar with our web catalog? It's easy to search for eBooks there, too, especially if you filter your results for the eBook format. Choose a title and select Request this Download to check out or hold eBooks.
After you check out an eBook, repeat steps 4 and 5 to download and begin reading. Enjoy!