Axis 360 eAudiobooks for Kindle Fire Devices – via App Store – Step by Step Guide
The generation of your Kindle Fire device will determine the method to install the Axis 360 app.
- First or second generation: Generally not compatible with Axis 360.
- Later generations: Install from the Amazon App Store using the steps below.
If you previously installed the Axis 360 app by sideloading to your device, remove the older version of the app from your device before installing the latest version from the Amazon App Store. This will ensure your app runs smoothly, plus you can get automatic notifications when updates are available.
Now you can listen to your eAudiobook! Tap Download, or you can Return the title early. (It will automatically expire after 21 days, so you’ll never have an overdue eAudiobook!)
If you choose Listen Now before downloading, your device will stream the eAudiobook and will not remember at what point you stop listening.
The eAudiobook player has a variety of features:
- Play button toggles with a Pause button.
- Double Arrows skip to the last or next chapter.
- Skip 30 goes backward or forward by 30 seconds.
- Sleep Timer automatically pauses the eAudiobook after a certain amount of time.
- Bookmark marks that spot, which you can go back to later from the Book Details screen.
- Volume can be controlled with the on-screen slider control or the buttons on your device.
- Back option on your device moves the eAudiobook player to the background. (It will continue to play unless you select Pause first.)
When you pause and close the app, it will remember where you stopped reading. To pick up where you left off, just open the Axis 360 app and go to My Stuff. Tap Continue or Listen Now to immediately begin listening, or tap the book cover to go to the Book Details page for more information.
There are three easy options for checking out your next eAudiobook:
- Axis 360 app: Return to the Axis 360 app and find new eAudiobooks, just as you did before.
- Web catalog: Already familiar with our web catalog? It's easy to search for eAudiobooks there, too, especially if you filter your results for the Downloadable Audiobook format. Choose a title and select Request this Download to check out or hold eAudiobooks. Check out from any device or computer, and it will automatically appear in your Axis 360 app.
- Axis 360 website: Visit the Axis 360 website to search or browse eAudiobooks and eBooks. Check out from any device or computer, and it will automatically appear in your Axis 360 app!
After you check out an eAudiobook, repeat steps 4 and 5 to download and begin listening. Enjoy!