Step 2: Sign in.
Open the app. Using the search tools, find and select Johnson County Library / Olathe Public Library. When prompted, enter your Library card number and PIN/password, then tap Login.
Step 3: Find a book to check out.
What book are you in the mood for?
- My Library (home screen) has quick suggestions.
- Search (magnifying glass) for a title, author or subject.
- My Stuff (books) has your checked out, on hold and wish list titles.
- Browse (stacked lines) to see titles by topic.
Make sure the book you select has the headphones icon, meaning it’s an eAudiobook. (eBooks have the "e" icon.) You can also Filter your search results so you only see eAudiobooks or titles Available Now for checkout.
Tap on the book, then tap the Checkout button.
Step 4: Download your eAudiobook.
Now you can listen to your eAudiobook! Tap Download, or you can Return the title early. (It will automatically expire after 21 days, so you’ll never have an overdue eAudiobook!)
If you choose Listen Now before downloading, your device will stream the eAudiobook and will not remember at what point you stop listening.
Step 5: Listen to your eAudiobook.
After the title has downloaded, tap Listen Now if the player doesn’t open automatically.
The eAudiobook player has a variety of features:
- Play button toggles with a Pause button.
- Double Arrows skip to the last or next chapter.
- Skip 30 goes backward or forward by 30 seconds.
- Sleep Timer automatically pauses the eAudiobook after a certain amount of time.
- Bookmark marks that spot, which you can go back to later from the Book Details screen.
- Volume can be controlled with the on-screen slider control or the buttons on your device.
- Back option on your device moves the eAudiobook player to the background. (It will continue to play unless you select Pause first.)
When you pause and close the app, it will remember where you stopped reading. To pick up where you left off, just open the Axis 360 app and go to My Stuff. Tap Continue or Listen Now to immediately begin listening, or tap the book cover to go to the Book Details page for more information.
Come back for more!
There are three easy options for checking out your next eAudiobook:
- Axis 360 app: Return to the Axis 360 app and find new eAudiobooks, just as you did before.
- Web catalog: Already familiar with our web catalog? It's easy to search for eAudiobooks there, too, especially if you filter your results for the Downloadable Audiobook format. Choose a title and select Request this Download to check out or hold eAudiobooks. Check out from any device or computer, and it will automatically appear in your Axis 360 app.
- Axis 360 website: Visit the Axis 360 website to search or browse eAudiobooks and eBooks. Check out from any device or computer, and it will automatically appear in your Axis 360 app!
After you check out an eAudiobook, repeat steps 4 and 5 to download and begin listening. Enjoy!