Welcome! Here is where you can request books for your classroom.
- Only school librarians/SLMS can request items for your classroom. Individual teachers should route their requests through their school librarian for extended loan periods and multiple copies of a single title.
- Include the designation of media specialist in the note field of your request to borrow to expedite the process.
- Please submit one form for each title you are requesting. Up to five copies of a title can be requested.
- Every Johnson County school is already “registered”. There is no card or number associated with school checkouts.
- Books must be “available” at Johnson County Library. Requests for books with waiting lists cannot be filled.
- Allow 2-3 weeks to get your books. Checkout is for 5 weeks with no renewal.
- Books are mailed to you. You may return at any Johnson County or Olathe library.
- NO Inter-Library Loan (ILL-from other library systems) for schools. You may ILL on your personal card if you are a Johnson County resident.